Sunday, April 7, 2013

X-ZACT Training Phase XXI - 32413 - 40613


SESSION 21 (XXI)


Welcome to Session XXI this is like stepping out of the darkness. Yes I’m melodramatic about this stuff. I use my over active imagination to motivate me in exercise, to heal myself and to deal with medical setbacks and injuries. I still insist that I don’t get sick, even though Kid Stone attacked. It hasn’t passed yet. In my mind he and I are doing battle. I’m trying to destroy him before he escapes, he’s trying to do some damage. I couldn’t wait any longer. I had to start lifting again today. I took a personal trainer refresher course over the weekend and learned some valuable information which I plan to incorporate into the remainder of this operation. It’s technically Spring and that means time to cut, sculpt and define and that’s why I’ll be lifting weights and working my own body weight. I did order the exercise bands so I’ll be adding them and more balance and stretching. Officially 76% through the year and I’m pushin’ the limits.  

32413 (Sunday #277) wake 189.5 20% – 50%

No pain, brunch with the ladies. Start session XXI today. Can’t use Kid Stone as an excuse anymore. Going back to old school training; sculpting for muscle size and density. Reps & sets, combos, classics. Should start today buy the y closes at 1800, I could start at home and continue at work.

HOME WORK: Legs – Back – Chest
Front db squats 30 lbs 3 x 10
Db dead lift – 30 lbs 1 x 12 then 40 lbs 2 x 12
Bent row R&L – 40 lbs 3 x 12 ea.
Bent flies – 30 lbs 3 x 12
Spring Bar Bends – 16 – 20 – 25
Floor press 40 lbs 3 x 12

This may continue at work. Good way to start session XXI, let’s see if I can sculpt this body a bit more by June 18th… end of the second year of Bajai Bootcamp.

32513 (Monday #278) AM – work Returning to suspension work. Pushups (*feet elevated), and dips.

Pushups: 20 – 20 – 16 – 10*- 10*
Dips:   10 – 20 – 18 – 11
Curls:   15 – 35 – 41 – 20 (alternating +1 extra for the left arm, sometimes tandem)
Triceps Kickback: 15ea. – 20 – 20 – 10

Maybe 4 rounds is enough. Suspension pushups is the best exercise for my chest. I’ve gotten the best results. Last 2 sets feet were elevated (but stable). A goal achieved.

Wake 190 – sun salutations 2x, then balancing – legs [do these in sets like weights] 12 – 20 – 30 seconds each leg, then repeat. Leg to the front then to the sides. Stretch hams and quads – bridge – didn’t time it. Working into tougher poses.

32613 (Tuesday #279) AM – work.  Kid stone attacked just before midnight – took a pill. Seems like he’s close to leaving, but enough about that. Tonight’s routine.

Chin ups (rev. grip): 6 – 6 – 8 – 5* (*hanging low)
Rev. grip push ups on bars: 10 – 12 – 10 – 8* (closer & slower)
Front shoulder raises (alt): 21 – 25 – 31- 21 (extra for left arm, palms up last set)

Wake 188.5 36% BF – 47% H2O [note body fat numbers are usually off. The scale is not as accurate as it claims.]  Morning ritual.
Good GX session, drank dinner, (protein veggie shake), guac & chick peas.

32713 (Wednesday #280) AM – Work

Today’s session –
Water bottle squats: 10 – 10 -10
Suspension pushups, feet elevated; 6 – 6 -8
Dips: 10 – 10 – 11
Curls (dumbbell alternating):  20 – 25 – 20

Have to relearn to do squats and probably pushups too. This will help me.

Wake 188.5 post ritual. Like back in the day, wake up and …
Wake exercises: body bends, floor touch & inverted no wt. leg press. Headed to Aqua GX felt pain increasing so I took a pill. Thought Kid Stone was gone and thinking these are phantom pains, but got a class to teach so I can’t take chances. I think this moves a little every 2 days. Flowmax may have helped, but oh well.

Good GX, no pain, but wondered if I needed the pill or not.

32813 (Thursday # 281)

AM - WORK – Tonight’s line up:

Pull ups (palms away): 6 – 7 – 4 (wide) - 4
Rev grip pushups, legs elevated: 10 – 10 (elevated) – 10
Deep assisted squats (no wt):  12 – 16 – 20 -20
Shoulder laterals: 10 – 10 – 12 – 10
End of March,(2013)  thought it was time for 
another eval session. Big Chunky, 
remember him... he's my fat belly and he's
got to go. I'm about to go medieval on his
flabby..., well you know. There are some results
in the upper body. I'll certainly NOT be
competing in a contest or auditioning as a
fitness model. Snap shot eval pix at home
will have to do for now. Stay tuned.
Assisted Pistols (high table): 10 ea. – 10 – 12 – 10  (working towards pistols)
Pretty good workout, still new, expecting serious gains in strength and reps.
No Kid Stone pain.

Wake 188.5 25% - 52% Wake rit. Green shake & grilled cheese w/ guac, shrooms & toms – good. Got up El steps pretty good. Y – GX.

Today: Night off, don’t eat too much. Maybe some x-work before session and after. Work pushups & pull ups. Good GX, got a set of pull ups and ball pushups before the session… more participation then subbed zumba, now I’m wiped out. Is that a six pack poppin//

21:10 – Random HR 103 BPM walk to el and up steps.

32913 (Friday #282) woke lazy but had a good night’s sleep – rare that I get to sleep at night. Did a few pushups. Sore from the recent training. Going to hit the Y for some weights; squats, row, press, etc & body work. Then veggie shop, dancing later. Woo hoo!! First Friday at the Y in weeks, maybe months.

A Good Friday workout. Bars & Body

Squats 225 4 sets of 5 reps. Keep weight constant, increase reps & ROM (take reps to 30).
Bent rows rev & prone grip. 135 3 sets 6 – 10 reps.. also going to 30, increase and improve stance.
Shin flex between rowing sets, about 80 lbs.
Body work –
Deep supported squats, no weight, beyond 90 degrees.
Inverted wt less leg presses 30 sets 20 ish reps.
Dips – 3 sets of 8 push these to 30
Wide grip pull ups 3 x 3 – increase reps… maybe decrease sets until I power up the reps.
Stretch quads & hams.
Done – just over an hour.
Body Rock get my dance on.

33013 (Saturday #283) AM – Darling’s Diner. Angus burger w/ cheese & tea. Sleep at night.

Wake 187 post rit. Drop weight get stronger. (I’ll pay for that burger at some point, not so much the burger but the bread.)

187, wow excited!! -1lb. a week for 3 months or 90 days should get me to my goal. But, I’ll have to maintain my good/better eating habits and vary exercise and see what happens.

Bought a HR monitor/watch today. Woke up after a 3 hr nap rhr 48 bpm. Calculate working HR for fat & Calorie burn.

Base; 120 x 65% = 126 BPM or 21 BP10 seconds; 85% = 150 bpm or 25 BP10

Fit test – Got back into the Hawks, been a while. Snug but not tight. Keep living my life. Not very hungry today. Picked at soft pretzels & drank much fluids. No pain, not hint of pain. Got the meds just in case. Another win – but losing means chronic, no – terminal illness, so I’d better not lose, or quit.

Recognize this guy??? Me neither.He actually only kind 
of exists in essence. This is from 1996; pretty much the 
year I decided I'd gotten fat enough and it was time for 
some serious change. Looking at pix over the years 
inspires me. The people I knew back then are kind enough 
to deny on my behalf that I was a fattie. If I'd done so I 
may havehit 250 lbs or more before I came around. 
I may have to put together a retrospective of my journey 
through  fitness... through life.
Duck tonight. Oh yeah, brining my bands to work to add to the variety.
Oh yeah 2 – body’s sore from yesterday’s training. Legs are screamin!!

FLASHBACKthis is day #283 from a year ago

32812 – Wednesday #283... woke early, chilled in bed for a while. 180 lbs. 
Suspension training over night – even the wing chest was stronger, more reps on short angles. 
Oh yeah, dips!! More than just a hold, maybe stronger tonight, deeper angles (esp for back/rows) I may stick around a few weeks when I’m off (forgot what I meant by this). 
Notes: I am 7 lbs heavier than this time last year, but coming down. I was doing suspension training but most of it was standing at an angle, about 45 degrees. I was also taking Life guard training this time last year, which may have contributed to the lower weight. No doubt I was eating differently as well. More vegetarian days. I may have to get back to those. Going for more raw veggie meals during warm weather months. 175 by August!! 


APRIL!!! Don’t be no fool!!

40113 (Monday #284) AM – work: working with bands and holding a deep squat for some pull sets. Green & blue seem to be the “weight” – the combo. Just a bunch of random upper body and arms. Anticipating soreness of a different sort later today.

Wake 187.5 24.5% 52.5% Rit-massive!! The weight difference between coming in from work and waking up, including elimination is about 2.5 lbs, back to what has been ‘normal’. Occasionally I’ll drop 3 lbs but only when drinking. 

Left lower forearm – strange soreness, probably from the bands or sleeping on it. 

Last antibiotic today. End of the Kid Stone saga. I probably passed it w/o realizing. There were some stinging events. I’m not even that curious to know what it was. Just have to be diligent in keeping it from happening again – even in another 20 years.

40213 (Tuesday #285) AM –work
After moving steadily in one directions looks like I got a bounce. 

Since the Kid Stone incident I've been eating much differently. My daily

veggie drink has protein and creatine in it. I ate out a couple of times

this session (maybe more.) I've set a goal of 175, by August, at which time

I'll be in my 3rd year of daily fitness documentation. Next step is 
maintain 170 - 175 lbs and get stronger and more agile. I should be 
able to do a bit more when i don't have as much weight to lug around.

The Line Up
Water Bottle Squats – 12 – 20 -12
Pull Ups (L) – 5 – 6 – 6
Push Ups – 16 – 11 – 10 (suspension legs elevated)
Dips – 6 – 10 – (suspended, didn’t even make it to the final set, poor!)
Burning appx 370 cals per hr @ work.

These rounds wore me out. I did do some home work yesterday – squat-curl-presses & shoulder work, nothing too straining.

Wake 188 22.5% - 52%  Banged a double!! Oatmeal for breakfast wake stack + CLA and omega 3. TUGX today.

Two good GX sessions – burning about 1100 calories per hour just leading classes – according to my watch. Of course this is why I’m always beat after classes on Tuesdays.

Note to self – stop talking about fat people. More on this later.

40313 (Wednesday #286) AM – Work: Last week I told myself to remember not to work out Tuesday into Wednesday. Now I’m bored. I could pull out the bands I suppose, but muscles need to rest. Bands tomorrow. Home work after GX.

Wake 188 – only dropped 1.5 lbs, slept til the alarm. Shot down 3 bogeys before 1600. Practiced pushups 25 normal, 15 each side with the dumbbell (right side was weak, needed two sets.) 10 each w/ opposite arm extended on the ball. Maybe squats after GX?? And do pushups with straight arm. Not quite to 1-arms yet. Maybe try 1-arms on knees.

1 each set straight arm pushups at the pool & 30 squats @ 225 in 5 sets. (It averages 5 sets of 6, but that’s not how I did them.)

40413 AM – work. Lite band work. Just to keep busy. Drinking lots of H2O.

Wake 188.5 Y-GX then dinner w/ mom.

Calorie burn experiment #2
700 calories during the 55 minute class.
900 more the first hour after class.
2800 total burned in 3.5 hours after class [2800 – 700 = 2100] so 600 CPH after the intervals. The norm or ‘control’ is 370 CPH.
4 hours later still burning just under 600 CPH.

40513 (Friday #287) 188.5  No weight drop, but I did eat dinner last night so no mini-fast. Lift therapy today???

Yes- Lift Therapy successful.

Round 1 – leg press – calf raises – shin flex  3 revolutions
Round 2 – t-bar row – shin flex – deep assisted squats (no wt.)  3 revolutions
Round 3 – Bench press 135 lbs – step ups (on dumbbells) shin flex  3 – 4 revolutions
Leg curls, Leg extensions (195 go to increase reps) Asst pistols, stretch legs.
Calorie burn appx 800 PH @ 2 hrs since leaving the house.
After 3 hours 700 CPH. At 5h 10 mins 2550 total 494 CPH.

Going to try and take this BMI scale more seriously. Let me see if I can get and memorize the formula. Although it’s more than 150 years old. I’ll get mine into the 24s, but what’s more important is the waistline and bellyline. I’ll be one of my few friends who aren’t “technically” over weight. 

BMI = lbs/ht in inches squared x 703.07 my BMI at 175 lbs will be 24.4
Ht remains constant at 5041 (that’s 71 x 71). So today’s BMI is 26.3. 25 is overweight. I think 180 will get me to 25.1. If I happen to pack on more muscle weight but get my belly down to around 32 inches and Body fat to about 12% I won’t worry much about BMI, but right now, it’s a goal.

It should be noted that I again danced for hours, this was my evening cardio. And drank nothing but H2O and iced tea. I guess those days of not drinking due to the meds just quelled my taste for alcohol. Oh wait, I did make an aloe & dark coconut rum drink earlier this week, just as an experiment. 

40613 (Saturday #288) 188.5 maybe… Last day of  session XXI and this will be the last entry for this document (that’s an admin note.) Today kind of snuck up on me. Walked some errands… need to do more of this. Casual waking takes too long so I need to walk to get somewhere, or pick up what I need. 20-30 minutes should do.

50 slow deliberate air squats, flip kicks and trying to hold a seated, elevated L pose on yoga blocks. Start session XXII on the straps. Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment