Monday, March 25, 2013

X-ZACT Training Phase XX: 31010 - 32313


SESSION 20! 


Session XX begins auspiciously enough after a night of dancing and surprisingly not much drinking… of alcohol that is. It will prove to be a challenging session, more of hurting and healing than training. But stay tuned.

31013 (Sunday #263) wake 193 – 34.5% bf 47.5% H2O or something like this.

DST started today so my 4am arrival time was actually 5am. I slept 4 hours and woke up strong, not very sore at all. I drank much water at shakedown and danced for hours. 

Took the AM stack and worked on opening the core – back bends, stretches – still more I can do. Sunny today, but not motivated to go outside just yet. I’m 72% into this year. I’m beginning to imagine my outdoor workouts. I may not be able to run… far. 

Another thing I’ve noticed in the last two weeks is dry skin, and itchy too. Had a dry patch at bottom of rt thumb. I thought it was strap handles, but they are not on both thumbs. Was wondering if this is lack of H2O or b/c I added lemon juice to the water, or the weather. Although I’ve been eating more fruit and veggies, hydration still seems low. As warmer weather comes things will likely change. 

31113 (Monday #264) Wake 191.5 35.5 – 50 – short sleep, up 2 hours before planned. Woke strong. Start a week or two of cardio and stretching. Flexercise @ wake. Runny nose. Mid 50s today. Got that funny feeling a demon’s coming.
YMCA –
Cardio 35 mins, elliptical. HR 144 – 150, hi intensity via the chart. Mat abs – shadow boxing – some squats – stretch, 45 mins total. Brought the ropes but ddn’t use them.
Knee – status quo, healing. Maybe try a short run during week 2. Better to keep the impact low and light.

31213 (Tuesday #265) AM – work: relaxed and worked on holding lunges and stretching them out. Wondering if I can get another cardio session in today. Getting more naps at the gig.

You have probably guessed, I love charts. Maybe that makes me
a neo-nerd. This is pretty much 2 weeks of battling Kid Stone. I
dropped back into the 180s, which is where I was headed for Spring
anyway. I've taken another step towards a better diet and I'm entering
"cutting season" which means more activity and muscle sculpting 
instead of high weights & high reps. 
Wake 191.5 29  49.5 – Flexercise & stretches for legs, back, abs and leg work w/ ankle weights. Burst training.

31313 (Wednesday #266) – chilled, but worked on holding lunges/crescent. I should focus on lunge bridge, more twists, bow, downward dog.

YMCA – Elliptical 30 mins, 3 min sets fwd/bkwd. Air squats, stretches, flex training for back. Bridge and down dog. Maybe bow at home. Leg stretches, 60 mins.

31413 (Thursday #267) AM – work – Mostly chillin’ working on lunge-crescents – these are pretty tough when done properly.

Been eating raw and vegetarian over night. ACV before bed, aloe juice @ wake. Less coconutwater and more H2O w/ lemon juice. Early results seem to be steady lower body fat numbers and increasing H2O numbers at wake up. Weight has been b/ 191.5 and 193.5. two cups of tea and generally two cooked meals at home, an apple a day, blueberries and OJ.

Wake 191  26%  52% - post ritual. Steady increase.

PAIN!! Left side, lower ab/upper pelvic area. Iced it, hot showered it. Took advil b/c I have a class to teach. This sucks, worst place for pain. I’m wondering if I over stretched or if it is DOMS, just in this area… ouch. Oh yeah, checked for anything that felt lumpy or herniated… negative.

YMCA – Very strong, good breath, no pain, probably the Advil or adrenaline or group energy. Don’t want to give drugs too much credit. Maybe I can stretch a little at home.

Urine darker than normal, hope it’s not blood. Trying to think what it could be. This plus pelvic pain causes concern. First noticed before class at the y. could it be dehydration/ been mentally going over intake – nothing way out of the ordinary. Hmmm, will monitor this.

31513 (Friday #268) AM – work – wondering about this pain that’s starting to return. Left side, pelvic area, upper. Mild to dull but perpetual. This week of cardio and no lifting or body weight work is near the end, how the hell am I injured/ I may have slept funny… pressure.

Okay, I’m clear. Had to take Advil for the pelvic (doesn’t seem like groin, bit could be originating from there.) Pain. Eating less over night.

Got home, 194.5 severe pain in lower left abdomen. HR accelerated, thought I was going to have to go to the ER, called my primary, no office hours today. Ice pack, hot baths, sleep and pain relievers. Made a chili powder & baby lotion ointment, drank lots of lemon water. Made a web search for the problem. Decided intestinal blockage seemed feasible, since no elimination/purge all day. (a few trickles during the shift.)

This was a day of complete self reliance and not disillusionment, but a confirmation that I can’t rely on my primary.

31613 (Saturday #269) wake 190 24 hr fast & remedies, experimentation. The fear turned to determination. I talked to and listened to my body. Sea salt purgative this morning – let’s see what that accomplishes. I’m wasting my first weekend off, but on the other hand, I’m spending it healing myself. 
Warm soak bath, heat pad, sea salt hasn’t kicked in yet. Usually takes an hour. More evidence of blockage. Next, tea & oatmeal. 
Trying to figure out how this happened. Been eating well all week except the soft pretzels. I think it’s them, but I usually eat them a couple of times a week anyway. I wonder if the vitamins and supps could be the cause/ Never happened before though.
Noon – still no elimination. Opted for guacamole instead of oatmeal. Did have some dried pineapple a handful of blueberries, tea lots of water, aloe & ginger shot. Status quo – no more meds tho.
Right wrist forearm pain, connection/ 
1730 – still no elimination, some gas, urine is clear. Every time I drink, it hurts in the left oblique. Heat pad helps. Ate blueberries, drank tea w/ cinnamon and ginger, aloe juice. 

I haven't taken any eval shots recently, so I've
been flashing back. In 2003 this was an "after 
picture." It's June in California, so I'm 
presenting better than I would on say, Coney
Island. 2003 was an interesting year. Seems
my belly is the same circumference as back then
but, it's somehow different. I've got to cut an 
inch or two off of it before September.
31713 (Sunday #270) – still no elimination 190 lbs, apple cider vinegar.

805 – just a little elim. Still pain in the waisetline. Trying sea salt again. 
1045 – Caster oil 1 tbsp / oj – this was no help. Only caused pain. Went back to the heat pad.
1240 – blueberries – hungry
2300 – ish; Back from the ER, diagnosis, kidney stone. This needs to be passed or dissolved. 2 mm. overall the ordeal wasn’t so bad. 

31813 (Monday #271)  189.5

In many ways it’s like Day 1. I have to rebuild slowly. Measuring was scheduled for yesterday – but…

Top (Solar plexus) 101 cm – up from 98.5 significant increase.
Middle (6 pack) 93 cm – gain of 1 cm from 45 days ago.
Bottom (Navel) 97 cm – 1 cm gain.
Under (waistline) 98 cm – 1 cm reduction.

I am way off of my goal of all of these numbers being in the 80s, but I’m realizing that the reality is only the middle and bottom are candidates for 89 centimeters or less. On the other hand I seem to be growing uniformly, and there is more definition. 

No exercise today so far this week. Feeling backed up again. The recovery has begun.

31913 (Tuesday #272) 189.5 – awake at 5AM. Got Gx today. Going for an actual laxative, but also going to try smoothies to ease back into eating. Little if any pain from ‘Kid Stone’. Urine is clear. Drank 32 oz of sea salt water last night & only farted. Maybe there’s not enough in the system yet.

The meds, except for the antibiotics have side effects I’d rather not deal with, although I might try the ‘flowmax’ and keep the pain killers with me just in case. The pain hasn’t been as bad as pre-ER.

Ref; measuring day – next time we’ll do the rest of the upper body and appendages. 
730 – breakfast smoothie; protein, ice, grapes, bitter gourd, coconut water, chia seed, cherry extract, spinach, kale, ginger juice (pure) made 2 servings.

Soreness in mid vertebrae, from straining I suspect.

Back to fitness. Dropped three so far today. Good, better eating. Off to temple for GX. Dropped another at TU.
GX and aqua went well. Back is screamin’, slowin me down but not stopping me. Good thing I have no heavy lifting to do. Took pre-workout stack and post work (BCAAs) will finish shake at home.

32013 (Wednesday #273) AM – work. Chilled – back hurts, heated. Appetite has returned.

Wake – 188.5 after 2 and a wake shake. Got a GX cardio session tonight at 1930, so a bit of eating out today it looks like. Sessions went well, had a salmon BLT at the horse and salad I’ll take to work with me.

32113 (Thursday #274) – wake 190.5

Two days of wake shakes with green veggies. Kid Stone is on the move. Woke my ass up at 1035 and had to activate the drugs. I got Y-GX today and can’t be messin around. Will have to take it easy tho. Been taking ACV night & day. No exercise besides what I teach. Can’t wait to start up again. More body weight & sculpting, i.e. old school lifting for definition. SPRING!
Y-GX – got through this one. No pain, but the issue still lingers.

32213 (Friday #275) AM – work: It’s a week later, already and looking back over my notes, I saw and documented this coming; I just didn’t know what it was. The last thing I would have expected was kidney stone. I didn’t want to believe it when the nurse told me. At this point I’m feeling no pain. I took a pill before coming to the job and neither the lower abs zone nor the middle of my back hurts – most likely due to the pain killers. 

I’ll probably take this weekend off from any sort of exercise. I have a personal trainer course to take and that will take up 8 hours of my Saturday, but it’s worth it. This stone should either pass or be dissolved by the end of the weekend and when I wake up Monday, it will be the second day of Session XXI and that puts me 76% finished Bajai Bootcamp Year Two. I’ve already decided the third year I’m going back to the Ruggedness theme. I like it and it fits in with my goals. X-ZACT is clever, but too band-wagony. 

It’s still early in the day and there’s a lot left of this Friday to unfold. 

Wake 188.5 37 47 no pain, no meds. Last pain killer taken last night around 2200, so it must have worn off by now. Maybe some light exercise, but I can’t wait til Monday – or Sunday to lift again. Good wake up elimination. Maybe I’ll get some bands.

32313 (Saturday #276) 191 – dropped 2… oatmeal for breakfast. P/T course. 830 – 1200. Took a nap and woke w/ severe Kid Stone pain – had to take 2 pain killers. They took more than an hour to kick in and suddenly, no pain.

I should chill tonight, can’t drink anyway, but who knows?

Measuring Day Redux – I’m going to convert the numbers into inches just to give me a better view.
Top – 101 cm = 39.76 inches. I’m not mad about this. I wouldn’t mind adding a few more inches as long as it’s the back that’s getting thicker.

Middle – 93 cm = 36.61 – at one time this was 87 cm around. I should get back to this. I think my whole frame got thicker over the past 9 months. I think I’ll be able to shred this spring/summer.

Belly – 97 cm = 38.19 – this is where I have to definitely focus and that focus will be on eating, food, supplements and activity. Over 37 inches statistically puts me at a health risk. That’s enough motivation for me.

Waistline – 98 cm = 38.58 – funny how these numbers are essentially the same, but my belly is more or less hanging over the waistline. Same as above, it’s a statistical health risk. Nonetheless, I still want to be strong like bull!!

Lower belly target 89cm – 94 cm.

I have got to reduce this belly fat. I’m more defined and leaner all over, but around the belly button I’m the same as I was in 2003! Hard to believe or accept that after 10 years the belly hasn’t changed. Last fall’s pants fit better today. I have to wonder if around the belly is affected by back expansion as well. Someone described belly fat as a tumor! It secretes hormones in order to keep itself alive. I think of it as a monster, a living creature within me.

This is the end of session twenty. This has probably been the roughest two weeks of the century for me, certainly of the Bajai Bootcamp series.

No comments:

Post a Comment