Tuesday, January 1, 2013

X-ZACT Training Phase XIV: 121612 - 122912


SESSION XIV – 

I had an idea that maybe I’d summarize these sessions in the first paragraph and anyone who’s into the details can follow the daily routines, thoughts, setbacks, etc. 

Session 14 was an extension of the previous session’s body-weight training regimen, with a few days of light weight training thrown in. A week or so into it I went down to Miami to chill on the beach for Christmas. There’s a gym in the building and I did a vigorous routine and the next thing I know I left knee is stiff, achy and swollen, so I had to ease off the leg work, however I could still do air squats and leg raises, step side to side – basically moves with little or no impact. When I got back to Philly it was day after day of icing, heat rubs, Tiger balm, and trying to get the range of motion back. 

I came up with a “new” (for me) way to measure the fat on my belly. I have a caliper; back to the idea of “That which gets measured, gets accomplished.” (Or something like that.) An excuse to make another chart. Speaking of which, this session’s weight chart will be missing a week. No weigh-ins while I was in Florida.

Now, on with the day by day. 

121612 (Sunday #179) Wake 195.5 Start Session XIV (14)

60 Squats, leg work, str8 leg raises, circles, side-2-side, side kick practice… simple stuff

Dinner at Mom’s – meatball sandwiches.

This is the 2012 year end evaluation montage. I've bulked up pretty well and as planned, or at least imagined, I've become stronger, based on how much I can lift. My core is tighter despite the presence of "Big Chunky", balance training has been going pretty well, although I should probably be doing it more. I should probably be practicing yoga more vigorously as well. The real story is Legs & Glutes aka butt, however until I'm brave enough to don a pair of posing panties, you'll just have to catch me in my shorts. Ready for 2013 and the second half of Xtreme Zombie Apocalypse Combat Training aka X-ZACT. 
121712 (Monday #180) AM – Work

Wake 194.5 38.5% 46.5%
Return to Insanity – kicked my ass!! But I got through, weak spot is on the floor, push up and mountain climbers and crabs – must work on this to become stringer. Protein drink post workout.

2 dinners Turkey Burger 7-ish, Chicken thighs 930-ish.

2 workouts too: 70 squats + leg work, raises, circles, air kicks and stretching. REALLY need to extend leg muscles and back-glutes + hips.

121812 (Tuesday #181) AM – Work, bored. Sleepy.0!! must be running on empty.

Salad pretzels – not very hungry. Get some sleep today. Mild and rainy – this weather zaps me, but still got my training in … maybe another shot of Insanity today? Or something similar.

Wake 194.5  27% 51%  Trash day
A few exercises here and there, cannot seem to get enough to eat. Kind of a relaxing do-nothing day. Had some ideas I didn’t pursue. Already thinking about the Spring leaning and raw diet, at least part time.

FYI – joints are snapping, shoulders, elbows. More twisting and twist stretches.

121912 (Wednesday #182) This is the half way point! (more or less).

Wake 194.5 20% 55% (Good wake up numbers) Post dp/getting better.

Insanity Plyo – warm up and stretch, then two rounds of burpees, attack twists – air squats, bar bends, shoulder pushups – I was done after this. I felt the burn in my chest.

122012 (Thursday #183) Work day/travel day.

First time I’ve traveled right after work. This means no sleep, little food. I must have been a sight on the flights – oh, also means no exercise.

122112 (Friday #184) Solstice Miami

The world’s still here. I slept lots of hours had lots of crazy dreams or astral travels… today I eat again.

Made it to the gym, attempted my intervals routine – only made 3 rounds of the first interval, then did an abs interval. No timer so I had to count reps. In some ways I think I went harder – but others not so much. I need the rigid timing for these. 

Second interval I added 20 lb dumbbells to the mix. 

Third interval was true to form, junk run, crabs, fence climb, air squats, stretch – dripping with sweat @ the end so I’ll call that success! 

Denny’s breakfast, Duffy’s lunch – raw salad dinner at home, then to the bar.

122212 (Saturday #185) – Wake up!

Walk on the beach 20 – 30 minutes, eat at home, maybe work out this eve.
Left knee OUCH! Probably from impact yesterday.

GYM: 20 mins elliptical – I should do this more often. This was to warm up and ease impact from my knee.

Leg presses, Pull ups, shin flexes, calf press, single leg extensions. I was tired and left knee HURT!!

122312 (Sunday #186) No training so far.

50 squats & therapy on left knee – swollen and stiff, just above the knee. I’m guessing impact from 122112 session. Iced it today. Did some pushups, should go back to 100(s) of pushups as a daily reminded. Shoulder and elbows snapping… winter? Or winter of life? I still have (expect) another 13 – 15 decades to live… WELL!

122412 (Monday #187) Miami – not much exercise today. Some squats, pushups b/w episodes of Burn Notice. Xmas eve Dinner @ the club w/ Stazja and co-workers.

122512 (Tuesday #188) Beach Christmas II 70-something degrees, maybe 80s. Maybe I’ll train later…Chest, upper body work.

Our Christmas Tradition since 2010 - spend it on the beach 

in Miami.
Chest workout, about 30 minutes or so.

122612 (Wednesday #189) Miami – walk and random squats and pushups? Not much.

122712 (Thursday #190) Back in Philly. Maybe some home work, knee still hurts, ICE IT! Heat rub and wrap. 4(?) more days til I’m lifting and supplementing again. Going to have to adjust/fine tune the eating still more.

122812 (Friday #191) Wake 195.5 E (error = not enough hydration to get a reading)

Sea salt purge worked in about an hour. Left knee still sore – icing often, Tiger balm, heat rub and wrap/band. It’s been about a week now, but this has happened before. Strengthening the thigh muscles helps. Walking today has been a challenge – but, c’est la vie. Right ring finger still swollen and painful (from bowling). This seems like an injury update.

Chest; shoulder; trapz work (at home) shadow box, squat warm up.

Decided to measure my belly fat with a caliper I got a while back. Target areas re both obliques (love handles, either side of the belly button and right in the center at the belly button (or naval.) So here are the digits in centimeters. (I’ll see if I can find a diagram to show you how I’m doing this.) 

Belly – right = 4.3     center = 3.2    left = 4.5
Obliques – right 2.9   left 3.7  (I measured twice, seems strange how vast the difference is between one side and the other) I did some side bends with dumbbells after these measurements.)

122912 (Saturday #192) Wake 194 E

Back to the morning stack: Rez – Vits D3, C, Yohimbe w/ coconut water. Pretty good sleep, a long winter nap – several sets of diamond pushups.

Family Holiday meal time in Delaware two plates (that’ll cost me.)
Break’s over – the question is whether I start loading Creatine (Cr.) and Beta Alanine (B-A) Monday 123112, New year’s Day or first day of work out??

This chart covers the past 6 and a half months since this

Session of Bajai Bootcamp (A year-long commitment)
began. The theory was that I needed to be heavier to
get stronger. I feel as if it worked. I expect this chart to
move the other way from Spring to Fall 2013.
END of Session 14. (We can skip the Phase 14 chart in lieu of the Year-to-date graph. It pretty much tells the story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment