Wednesday, December 19, 2012

X-ZACT Training Phase XIII: 120212 - 121512


SESSION 13! 

Two weeks of cardio-body work and maybe back to Insanity Plyo.


120212 (Sunday #165) Wake 193

Woke early, then went back to sleep pretty much all day. A couple of beers last night and a portabella sandwich.

This was meant to be a buffer day b/c tomorrow I have to get out and run and calisthenics and maybe run some errands. Caught up on chores today and rest. Didn’t eat much.

120312 (Monday #166) Midnight 195.5 probably fluid (23.5% BF 53% H2O) picking up from yesterday – No Cr. Of B-A. Hopefully I’ll rise early enough to do a park work out; run, legs (Squats & lunges) – burpees, pull ups, push ups, ropes/suspension. I’ve lofty ambitions which I seldom achieve completely. Ciao,

Wake & run 2 miles in the fog. Tough at first but got into it. No time measured. Weigh in 193 18% 57%, post run. Didn’t do any outside work, but did manage a few sets of air squats afterwards. My recovery was actually pretty good.

Made bean soup. I should add more spices. Will take it easy with the meat this session and no supps (but will take vitamins). Post run B-Y, Am stack: Run, squats, abs post run. Ran some errands, slice of pizza, chai latte and muffin then went to sleep for 4 hours. I should mention it was nearly 70` today, the third day of December.

I figured, since I haven't taken any decent eval pix this session I'd add
some random images that i thought were pretty cool.  Just to break up the
page.
120412 (Tuesday #166) AM – Work

Feeling the high thighs (front) from the run. Got the straps connected and pushup bars, one round done already. 3 stations of suspension (pulls) and  modified pushups since my sandals slide I can add an abs/core component to them, and squats. Bored tho I shouldn’t be sleepy in the least.

2 down so far.

In @ 194.5 17% BF Wake 194.5 27% BF – 17 is a long time low. Maybe coconut water doesn’t do as much as I thought so back to more straight water.

Last T-GX Tuesday, let’s see what happens. It’s nearly 70 degrees (66). Good GX session, participated enough to be effective.

Bean soup, avocado for dinner – tea, banana, falafel post aqua. Good 1 before work.

120512 (Wednesday #167) AM – work: Beans, beans they’re good for your heart & so forth!

Got straps out and p/u bars – intermittent rounds/sets/reps – sore-core. Bodywork training = sore-core.

Strap work: triceps extensions, single leg flies, pronated pull ups,
P/u bars: single leg pushups
Air Squats
Table top single leg raise (P/u bars)
Dip position leg raises (singles) … 2 rounds of this stuff.

Stomach settled finally, got to wonder if it’s worth the protein.

Hope I don’t get too weak over the break… shoot… I won’t be lifting heavy again til next year. This session will last til the 15th, then Miami from the 20th – 27th-ish Session 14 is 1216 – 1229 then we’re in 13. Might as well continue cardio & body work in FLA. At least there’s a gym on site. Eat accordingly. 

Speaking of which – lamb butt is in the rotation this week, probably some pork next week.

Wake 194.5 30 BF 49% H2O. Crazy ratio almost even.

Intermittent stuff, squats, pushups, stretch, balance.

Last Aqua Box of the year Salmon salads.

120612 (Thursday #168) AM – work. Chilled, read.

In @ 196 16% BF 57.5 h20. Wake 196 E – I think it’s muscle. Some wake up warm ups, squats, pushups, shadow boxing, stretch.

Turkey burger, romaine, tomato AM stack, bft stack. Y-GX 2 more wks then Miami.

Strong in YGX today, stayed with the cardio round, good demos and participation. Energy is back. Made errands, came home, slept/fasted for tomorrow’s physical.

120712 (Friday # 169) 25 years on the job.

194 wake, then later 192.5. Figured I should’ve dropped more. I didn’t have very much to eat and I slept a lot.

Physical today, which is really just a check up, get some numbers, give some blood, see what’s up, then errands, Spa day at the Y later?

Got my numbers back from the Doc - his message,
"Keep doin what you're doin." I have a few digits that
need to go lower, but overall - GOOD HEALTH!
Did you know that body is connected to the Zodiac?
Certain body parts are ruled by certain constellations, for
instance, Leo - Heart ruled by the sun. Pisces is feet, 
Gemini Hands/Arms & Lungs (the twins) & Scorpio of
course, the Genitals (says a lot doesn't it?)
BP 136/92 good, but I’m usually in the low 70s… wassup witdat?

YMCA – Cardio Body. 4 exercises: 3 rounds: 30 seconds each – Run: Burpees: Power Squats: Jacks.
Next interval Shuffle Punch: Air Squats: Kicks: Climb the fence. Crunches between intervals.
Push ups-role- m climbers, repeat 8 – 6 – 4
Rope/suspension work, random.

This wore my ass out!!

Didn’t have much to do so I was in bed by 6:30 (18:30) slept well and deep til about 1:30 that’s AM!! Late Fall is odd for me, I guess I ‘catch up' on sleep and house cleaning b/c going out doesn’t interest me.

120812 (Saturday #170) Wake early 2AM (When most people are going to sleep) 192.5 30.5 49.5% There may be something to this scale… nah, it fluctuates too much and is manipulated by liquid, still 30.5 BF @ wake up is a recent change that came with wt gain, although other indicators suggest mostly muscle; legs, arms, upper chest have gotten lean, belly still looks jiggly. This could be a matter of my own perception. Have to stay objective.

Odd sleep patterns, dreary day, I think I should go to the Y for pulls, pushes, dips, my legs are sore and the only weight I moved was mine. I think the rope work (suspension) helped also. 

Body cleanse –

YMCA – Cardio Interval Training

Two Intervals: 4 exercises: 4 rounds: 30 seconds each.
Interval I: Run: Burpees: Fence Climb: Air Squats – 30 second break, crunches

Interval II: Junk Run: Squat Thrusts: Jacks: Kicks

Pull ups wide and narrow neutral good but swollen ring finger from bowling. Dips were strong!!! Surprisingly strong.

Random suspension work – push ups, leg work, pulls, etc. (I don’t have clever names for this stuff, or a solid routine. It’s nothing fancy but effective.)

If muscles have memory then maybe lungs do too. Made 4 rounds (originally scheduled for 3) 30 second breaks, no longer. Slowed the pace on round 4 but made it through, 20 minutes then push up, pull ups dips, etc, felt powerful after. 

Got to find the NRG!! Day 7 of 14 Session 13 went quick…

LOOKING AHEAD:

Session 14 will be split Lift then cardio – Philly, then Miami.
Session 15 crosses the New Year, may not get much done, probably more home work, kind of depends on the weather and whether I want to deal with it. Cr. Load and return to heavy work Eval previous sessions. 

120912 (Sunday #171) Wake 193 6AM

Sleep has been frequent but not of a “normal” schedule. Wake early, do some chores, go back to sleep. Weather has been dreary and wet and I don’t feel motivated to do anything other than train or minor household chores.

Worked legs, small home work stuff, squats, lunge sequence and lifts w/ ankle wts. Today is the first day of the last week of cardio-body work. Work tonight and back to the Y tomorrow for more interval training (I actually like this). Imagining 3 intervals, the final being more body twisting, less speed and less foot work. That would put it at about 30 32 minutes, working y way up to 48 – 60. 

Let’s see: 2 min intervals 30 sec break = 2;30 x 4 rounds = 10 minutes x 4 intervals = 40 mins plus a min between intervals 44 minutes. I could either add a fifth exercise, another round or 15 seconds to the round. 

I felt stronger the 2nd day in a row, but on day 3 (today) I thought I should rest. Let’s see how the break works.

Random HR 56 BPM

121012 (Monday #172) AM – Work

Despite lots of sleep, a less meat-centric diet, cardio sessions, I feel very unenergetic. It could be the weather, but what if it’s not? Could be I’m just bored also. 

Running out of pages in (my) book – maybe I’ll start the next issue on 12-12-12 – auspicious enough for its numerology – “9” whatever it means… actually it would be a “2” if you added the “2012.”

YMCA This Afternoon

Not feeling very hungry either. 4!!! Wassup?

Wake 194.5 – Woke early.

YMCA Strong Cardio!!

3 Intervals: 4 exercises each: 30 seconds each exercise – 30 second break between rounds. Abs rounds between cardio intervals… Got it?  Solid performance. Here’s the layout.

Interval I: Run in place; Burpees; Jax; Power Squats

Abs Interval: Crunches; Knee lifts; Atomic crunches: Elbow-to-knee

Interval II: Junk Yard Run; Squat Thrust; Fence Climb; Kick-around

Abs Interval (switch the order)

Interval III: Shadow Box (change punches each round): Foot grab; Toes Touch; High Punches

Abs Interval  about 40 minutes

Next: dips, assisted pistols, rope (suspension) push ups, leg work on the ropes, rope assist pistols. 

Left knee pain – slight (iced post wr/o.)

Pork/broc/shrooms for dinner.

No nap after – the energy level is back up. I swear this flows in patterns I have yet to detect. Maybe another session tomorrow, skip Wednesday (home stuff) return strong for YGX Thursday  - Spa Day Friday, break over the weekend. 

121112 (Tuesday #173) AM – work.

Just relaxed 2!! Gone. Didn’t feel hungry. Just trail mix and salad. Stomach felt kind of funny. Appetite could be waning do to cardio. I thought about lifting a couple of days but I think I’ll extend the cardio through session 14 and add some balance weight lifting, maybe a film demo, who knows? 

Wake 194.5 BF & H2O were a lot better. I may retro add later [guess I didn’t].

I was indecisive about what to do – considered the Y, but since I went yesterday and this is my first Tuesday off in a long time I “piddled.” I did manage 50 air squats and some pushups of different types and even some lunges. As mentioned before, legs have become the new chest for me. The chest is coming together, but the legs have to hold me up. 

I’m finishing this book tonight, 121212 seems like a good day to start a new…

Cheers. (I kept this in even though it doesn’t make sense, unless you know I write most everything in a note book before I post it here, or maybe you did know that.)

121212 (Wednesday #174) AM – work

Doin a bit more noddin’ than usual. Just bored. No need to work out b/c I’m getting’ it in before. No weights this week and legs are sore from last night. At least I need less sleep during the day. Maybe I’ll wake early and refreshed, buy nuts and go to the Y. 

Let's just say, "As above, so below." Moby is on point

when he sings, "We're all made of stars." 12-12-12 - I

have a 12-12-12 picture, but will probably post next session.
Wake 194.5  31% 49%, then down to 23% & 50-ish post ritual.

Thinking back on how this scale used to read @ wake up – I used to get daily error messages (meaning no BF or H2O reading) so maybe it’s actually better. Maybe I am waking up MORE hydrated than a year ago. 

Getting calf & toe cramps in my sleep again. At least I can ease them without fully waking up and getting out of bed. Heading out for errands, then the Y for Intervals. May be a late night. Day 11 of no supplements, no heavy lifting. Weight is steady, energy is different. I’ll say increased. Sometimes I try to go back to my habit, a 31 minute post workout nap, but don’t NEED it. 

Turkey patty, CLA, Omega 3 & wake stack (Vitamins)

YMCA – C-B/W Intervals (Changed things up a bit, but still basically the same.)
Here’s the strategy behind this session. Get the jumping out of the way first, while you’re strong. Get the blood pumping and the HR up to speed. 

Run in place: Burpees: Jacks: Power Squats – feet are leaving the surface during these rounds. 10 minutes. 30 seconds each exercise + 30 second break between rounds.

Abs Round – 2 minutes straight of abs work; crunches, knee lifts, elbow-to-knee, atomic crunches. 

Next Cardio Interval – feet still moving – Junk Yard Run (legs spread apart, knees high, moving as if you’re running through tires); Squat thrust (which is actually an in-and-out thrust); Fence Climb; Air Squats, finally, feet/legs are still. 10 minutes

Abs Round – 2 minutes. 

Final Interval – Body moves feet are still, well kind of. Shadow boxing, change punches each round; Foot grab (hands over head, lift rt knee, touch bottom of foot with same hand, switch sides, alternate for duration.); Kick Around front kick, side; side; back kick; toe touches. 10 minutes. 

Abs Round – 2 minutes. 

This takes 35 minutes to complete. Modifications were in effect. It’s pretty exhausting, but satisfying. (Think I’ll use it next year for Temple.) 

Next – dips – 2 regular sets 1 negative set. 
Wall sit (phantom chair) 60+ seconds, quad stretch 30 sec ea. Leg. 3 rounds. 
Hand stand – (no pushups tho)
Stretch, rest – out in 60 minutes! 

Wasn’t very hungry when I got home. Finished my pretzel, made some guac, put it on tomatoes and that was that. I have a salad at the gig, some trail mix and an apple… OH yeah, decided to get a couple of Tastykake Pies. Had the éclair last night, pumpkin tonight, probably. This won’t become a habit. They are not as good as I remember.  

121312 (Thursday  #175) Recovering from the day. GX at the Y tonight

Wake 194.5 – the scales not givin up an oz. 27.5 50.5.

50 squats to start the day. YMCA – GX unleashed the intervals on ‘em. This is gonna be my thing for the rest of the month. I can do it anywhere. All I need is a lock, and not even that. Got to be major jacked for the new year.

Had a slice after GX, cup of tea, tired but couldn’t sleep. Don’t know about dinner, not very hungry. I’ll attack my salad at work. Got more oranges. 

121412 (Friday #176) AM – Work… 3!!!

Ate the salad and some trail mix but still not very hungry. Low appetite, high energy is a good combo I don’t remembering experiencing recently. (This is why I keep a journal.) I’ll have to pay more attention to this when I get back to “The Heaviness.” I’m thinking home Insanity this afternoon; see if his last 2 weeks of intervals has improved my endurance. 

Wake 194.5 24.5 52.5. The story is BF/H2O!

60 squats, gardening and some pushups. Ate  Perkins w/ Xave, Steak, eggs potatoes. Never did get to insanity, oh well.

Here's the week on graph. Been holding steady for 3 days, then a drop
and I'm right back up again. I am carrying this weight about the same as
I carried 10-15 lbs less. Someone told me I looked as if I lost weight. Guess
it IT more muscle and it's true what they say about muscle:fat ratio.
121512 (Saturday #178) A couple of days early, but measuring day!!

Wake 193, 26 51.5

Top 99cm (had a reading as high as 101 and should have stuck with it.) This is pretty much the same as last time.

Middle 93.5 + 1.5cm Back to what it was 90 days ago. Definition looks better though.

Belly Button 96cm +2more muscle of more fat? THAT is the question.

Under (waist) 97cm +1.5, no wonder I need bigger pants. Still definition is visible.

These are the results of 6 – 8 weeks of heavy lifting and focusing on big muscle groups, esp legs and cardio sessions (teaching) twice a week. Today’s wt is only -1.5 from last measuring day (103012). 

I’m okay with this. Still need to shed fat. I think that’s happening, albeit slowly.

End of Session 13 XIII: headed to the Y extending the cardio workouts to year’s end. Will reverse in the Spring/Summer. Seems I didn’t dose high enough w/ the B-A last time. The comeback begins around Jan 2, I’d say. I guess I’ll be loading Cr as well that week.

YMCA – This session was brutal – close to the wall. Wrapped it up after the intervals. 40 minutes total w/ 30 second breaks every 2 minutes. Standard rotation (3 Intervals: 4 rounds: 4 exercises: 30 seconds ea. Exercise) w/ abs work between intervals.

Holiday Party. Lots of food I don’t normally eat and rum. Not drunk though.

HAPPY AWAKENING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment