Monday, July 30, 2012

X-ZACT Training Phase 3: 71512 - 72812


71512 (Sunday #27) – Begin Phase 3 

AM: (AM stuff is generally done at the job. It’s not very regimented, but it keeps me awake and active.)
Suspension – dumbbells – light stuff. 1 round of stool step ups. Legs felt worked.
Came in at 186.5 lbs 16% BF 58.5% H2O 87`: ACV (a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar) after work. Slept 8.5 hrs. may have to recalculate wt. etc. I’m beginning to think the body takes 20-30 mins to adjust to being awake. Maybe run a couple of miles this eve.
Not eating anything unusual. Protein shakes daily (adding less water for more concentrated mix) for the past week? Keep closer tabs.
1 mile on the street 1 mile through the woods. Commit to 2 miles a day.
Post run dropped 1 lb. has to be all water, but H2O was up .5%
The daily photo shoot, I have to admit I am actually seeing some improvement (definition) in the belly! I was beginning to get frustrated. Everything else is getting very lean, especially forearms and lower legs. Back is well defined, and upper torso around the shoulders… but the freekin abs are dragging me down.
I realized there are two ways for me to fix this, but both are out of the question one: steroids, two: starvation (crash diet like) oh yeah, three: hormone therapy… or the two I’ve always opted for, patience and consistency. I felt as I’d gotten weaker as I trotted through the woods, but that was just momentary doubt. I just need to push a bit harder. I’ll get used to it.

71612 (Monday #28) AM The usual, suspension, dumbbells in between activities. Internalize the run today – on the street or in the woods? Woods might be soggy. Upload Phase 2 also.
Wake up: 184 16.5% 58% I waited, (probably not the 20 minutes.)
Run/walked the loop. I thought it was a weak outing, but felt supercharged about 15 minutes after finishing. This is the second day in a row “running” (doing) the loop.
Cross Fit with Tom & the Crew.
Nailed it, four rounds 15:05, this is the time to beat:
Jump rope 50 singles; “sprint” kbell swings (16 kg) 10x: air squats deep 10x: burpees, chest to ground, jump up clap 5x … like I said 4 rounds of those. Only took short rests between. It’s good to have a coach, I pushed a bit more than I would on my own.. I think.
72612 - This is not an eval shot, although I
been noticing changes since I returned
weight lifting to the rotation. At some point
I started taking CLA & Omega-3 fish oil combo,
which could be helping, or it could be more
fruit in my diet. Measuring day is 80212,
results will be posted.

71712 (Tuesday #29) AM Moments into the day I’m feeling a bolt of ecstasy move through me. It moved me nearly to tears. I couldn’t pinpoint where it started, lower back maybe. My main thoughts in this state were about my kids. Secondary thoughts were about how I could share or bring out this feeling in others, naturally.
I wonder if this was induced by yesterday’s training. I’ve felt it before. I will have to check my notes. That’s why I keep them.
Anyway, this came to mind – “Optimism is a self perpetuating circumstance.” The thought is not original, but maybe the sentence is. (*They say healthy active people think more clearly. Maybe this is an example.)
I may just chill through the night. I haven’t had lots to eat, but I don’t feel hungry. I know I went through a gallon of H2O yesterday. Ready to flush the system, although I don’t think I have much, if any bad stuff in me.
Wake: 184 17% 57% 92` - “Ran” both ways through the woods. Tried some “deer intervals” on the way back. This way of running is good for getting over the stones. Encountered some stone-throwing zombies on the way back… I chased them away.
Sunset XZACT Training in the park. Took it ez or so I thought. I was already spent from the run and low on energy.
No ACV before bed this morning and no deuce the whole day until just before heading out. Hmmm, wonder what that means. Been eating light, fruit, nuts, honey, drinking lots of coconut water, H2O, tea and OJ.
182 after exercise today.
Park work included pushups (of various sorts inc. walking, jax, shoulder, etc.) squat tucks, kickouts, inversion, hand stand, but not very strong pushups. Suspension pulls and chain and kbell work. I came into this one sweating!
Just remembered a plyo set I saw and did a while back, call them broncos because you look like a broncking buck when you do them. Would be nice to add them in. Did NO bench jumping this round.

71812 (Wednesday #30) AM – Minor dumbbell work, mostly lateral delts: ACV before bed.
Wake 182: 15%: 59% H2O: 96` - post d2. Cleaning out today it seems. Lifting at the Y – off tonight. Wt drop expected.
GAINS DAY!!
Benched 200 lbs 2x… comin’ back!! Incline up to 135!!
Flat flies 40s-45s-50s 10x each
Pull overs 80s. Also worked legs, shoulders and triceps

71912 (Thursday #31)
181: 19%: 56.5%: 10 hrs sleep 79` - Woke at home.
Longer sleep means longer fast, more H2O used or sweated out. Less food, less wt. No overnight eating, however the wt drop was only a pound from yesterday (used to be 2-3 lbs lost on nights off.)
***LAST DAY of OxyElite-Pro… thoughts?
Just like hydroxicut I think there’s a high placebo factor. OEP’s ingredient is supposed to target belly fat but I remain skeptical that any pill does this. The measurements don’t suggest I lost any more inches around my lower belly than I did before I started using OEP.
I started out just taking it during work hrs when I was inactive and ended using it in a pre-workout stack. No outstanding results.
Next phase, some 45-90 days w/o OEP and measure results. I must also keep in mind I am training differently and eating more “clean.” Hoping I don’t GAIN anything.
GX Today at the Y! No run again, 2 days now. May have to force a Friday run.
GX Finale at the Y = awesome! I think I over did legs tho – ha ha. Rum Bar night!
Since I have a moment: The Functional Fitness Session has a good flow Cardio – legs – stretch – upper body – yoga cool down. Ths can be adapted to Temple sessions. Intro new moves.

72012 (Friday #32) 183.5: 56.5%: 18% 68` 11 hrs sleep.
Came in with a high H2O of 62.5% and 11.5% BF. Whenever I drink, whether alcohol or not, it raises my weight & H2O% and lowers my registered body fat, due to the way the scale works. No way I’m 11.5% when I go t sleep and 18% when I wake up. BF measurements are tricky, the scale’s just a guide.
YMCA Legs today. Not very hungry 2 days? w/o protein.
3 2Ds before the gym, post drinking night, clearing out. Good thing I don’t do this often.
DON’T SAVE anything for the end of the workout!! Abs??
Measure @ 45 days if possible (I think I’ll be on tour.)
COMPLETE – USED IT ALL!!
Legs – done! Solid Squats finished w/ 2-3 reps @ 250 (can probably go deeper.)
Dead lifts 225 3 x7 1 x 5 Aiming for 4 sets of 10, but will probably add more wt before then.
Leg Press+calf raises+shin flex – 3 rounds.
Back – Power pull ups + barbell shrugs (weak): Bent flies + t-bar row (2d parts of super sets both weak, ugh!)
Triceps & shoulder work; cables, dbs and bands. Protein drink after, then pizza slice. (This is considerably more detailed than last year. I’ve modified it a bit, plus have more time for entries.)

72112 (Saturday #33) AM Recovering!
Dbs; push ups, rt shoulder & ankle kind of sore.
Wake: 184.5: 18%: 56.5%: 6.5 hrs. 77`? (about) a lot to remember but it’s good practice.
XZACT – Cobbs Creek Park:
Warm Ups, then Main Event – 3 rounds.
12 reps each, side bench jump-overs, run/jog to goal post & back (25-40 yards maybe), kbell (10 lb) swings, pushups on bench (incline) dips, squats w/ kbell – rest as needed. 15 mins +/- kick boxing rounds, chain swings, suspension work, various w/ legs/balance focus.
An all around good workout. I should add a speed day or two.. I am sooo slow! Short sprint intervals… let’s call them “sprintervals” does anyone use that word yet?

72212 (Sunday #34) Sore from rope work in the legs. Like a new feeling, excited about doing more.
Duck nite – slow digestion (the duck seems to be saltier than is used to be, may have to give it up or purchase elsewhere.) May take a break or chill day and stretch… or hang out.
Wake: 184.5: 17.5%: 57.5%: 6 hrs:
Slow GI. Turned out to be a chill day.

72312 (Monday #35) Wake – 184.5: 56.5%: 18%: 77`
Glaucoma (eye pressure) test today. Pressure normal, another bennie from exercise and diet.
The Zombies won today. Park workout was weak, uninspired and I had a headache, I was probably dehydrated and it rained… well drizzled. I still managed 40-45 minutes and a couple rounds of some interesting stuff, and the rope work for the legs. I call this a dignified retreat. I didn’t do any clobbering, but I didn’t get clobbered either.
Badass moves over the bench (power bench jumps), climbing the goal post – the bird shit is a turn off – pushups + mt. climbers 3 sets of 8 nonstop. Decline pushups off bench. It was a solid effort in the rain. I will either rest or stretch tomorrow so I can lift strong on Wednesday. That’s the plan at least.
(I’ve sneezed too many times today!!) Maybe the headache is a warning. Best to rest.

72412 (Tuesday #36) Wake – 182: 17%: 57.5%: 89`: 7 Hrs.
No work out today, but still going to have the protein drink n the stack. Clean up, trash day… nite off remember to eat dinner.
Waked to 69th St, about 30 mins. Warm ups and stuff, Leg stretching. Did some GX practice, suicides, log jumps, just to get used to the moves.

72512 (Wednesday #37) Wake 184: 20%: 55.5%: 76`: 8 Hrs.
Lift Day!! Flat start at 155-160, incline 135
DONE DEAL!! Didn’t get the 3 x 10 on the flat bench, but did get 2 power sets of 205 (a one and a two). Should keep this as a max for now and close the gap over the next several weeks to come. Go for a solid 6-10 reps at 205, make sure I don’t damage the shoulder (again). I think I can get beyond 225 and back to 250, but the progress has to be slow.
Chest- Triceps-Legs- Shoulders: I need a day when shoulders are priority, but they fatigue so quickly.
Chest: Flat, Incline trying to remember if I went past 135 on the incline??, decline  was heavy without he cable, went wide on a few sets, reduced the reps.
Triceps: Pull overs + kick backs (super set)
Chest: cable cross, (lo – hi) + wide triceps push downs.
Shoulders – upright row, speedbag w/ band.

72612 (Thursday #38) 182.5: 19%: 56%: 11hrs 79`
Danced last night, thought I’d hit the park today – no dice. Ended up doing Spec Forces workout at home with the staff, 10-1 and back, then 110 crunches. Worked up a good sweat, took me 13 mins Stayed in most of the day and did chores, although it was a nice day out – actually got things done. Could us somewhat of a break. This may be the day I started studying French again.
Dancing was much fun last night and my legs felt both stronger and more agile. I attribute this to the multiple ways I’ve been training them. Got some props from the girlies too.

72712 (Friday #39) AM work, dumbbells, maybe straps, Seems there’s a lot of actual ‘work’ to do. Later today, lift: Legs – Back – Biceps – May skip shoulders if I get enough done at work.
Wake: 184: 17.5%: 57.5%: 6Hrs: 86`
Today’s Plan: Normal Legs & Back: Squats/Romanian DL + Stretch/ Leg Press + Calf press + Shin Flex. Shrugs (solo go for more power) Pull ups (power) + 1 arm rows, T-bar/Bent Flies, Triceps, shoulders…
USE IT ALL!!
(It didn’t go quite according to plan)
Strong & slow. Increased squat, deadlift & leg press & shin flex!!!
Squats – Reps: 145, 205, 255! (Power) 255, 290… (300 next week??)
DL – 225 2 8s, 1 10, increased wt to 245 one set of 6??
Leg press/calf press max 8 (45s) + 2 (25s) 410 + bar.
Shrugs are strong in single sets. Pull ups + T-bar row <10 reps, exhausting in super sets.
Bent flies 3 x 10 35s.
Pizza, Short walk home. Protein drink, recovery, no change in wt. Feel dehydrated, humidity maybe? Been eating chicken thighs all week. Yum-Yum…

72812 (Saturday #40) AM – you know those dedicated shoulder workouts I mentioned? I do them at work, kind of leisurely, almost therapeutic. A couple of ten pound dumbbells, slow and deliberate during breaks. Maybe get to 100 reps in an 8 hr. period. We’ll see if it helps.
I have no workout plans for today, maybe some pushups when I wake up, but nothing strenuous.
Wake: 184: 17.5%: 57% - 3 hrs later 2D – 15.5% 58.5% The scale suggests the food I’m eating is not the source of the weight. Elimination used to account for 1 – 3 lbs. of actual weight loss (on the scale), now it accounts for a change in Body Fat% & H2O%. I’ve been using the same scale since I began keeping track. Diet has changed considerably in the past year. Less red meat, lots more fruits and nuts as grab-snacks. Mostly water, tea, coconut water, orange juice, protein drinks (w/ water) or mixed with fruit, cocktails occasionally.
Had time to do some GX warm up work, crab pushups (feel this in the rt upper forearm). Step lunge squats 2-4-8 , leg stretches… seems like I didn’t do much, but still worked up a good sweat.
SHRED THE FAT, KEEP BUILDING MUSCLE – My belly is looking different, like the fat is being sucked into my belly button.

This is the end of PHASE II – 40 days in.

Despite a dip here and there, mostly my first night off, my
weight has been steadily at around 184. I perceive maintenance
to be a myth; I am maintaining weight yet working harder.
Or so it seems. This isn't a yo-yo diet BTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment