Monday, July 16, 2012

X-ZACT Training Phase 2: 70112 - 71412


July 2012 Begin Phase 2 (We’re posting every two weeks.)

70112 (Sunday #13) Queens, no wt.
Now I can get back to lifting – multi-pronged attack: wts. Bodyweight outside, flex… etc.
Today’s workout was a fast walk from 34th & 7th to the Port Authority due to a slow ass #3 train. I made my bus.
182.5 returning from the Brooklyn/Queens weekend where I ate well & balanced meals. I may pick up a few more pounds in the next couple of days, this is very significant, a year and a half to two years ago returning from NYC I weighed in at 185 – 187 lbs. It suggests to me anyway my “set point” has moved down.
71512 actually... I'm no longer sure that I'm
seeing what I think I'm seeing. Every place else
is becoming lean except (it seems) my "fat,
fat belly." This pic is giving me hope, not
enough to stop what I'm doing, just to go
a touch harder.

70212 (Monday #14)
Time to add a lifting day into the rotation, maybe spec forces* to start, then chest, 3 stations & back 3 stations?? Tri-bi-shoulders? *warm up 20+ mins before the lift work – CONTROL EGO!
Suspension Training: 2 rounds of the five, 16 – 8 reps. (double deuce) – metabolized weekend?
Pretty decent work this AM, not much to eat – salad, pretzels, soup.
One mile walk today, beginning to see results. Impatient with belly.

70312 (Tuesday #15) – Mind exercise writing and some leg work. Legs (quads & hammies) are too tight, need loosening, kicks, low steps, hi steps, str8 leg hi-kix. Good for hammies.
wake 182.5
Home chest work… Dumbbell work w/ quad stretches.
Slight incline 3 x 20 (30 lbs) hi-incline 3 x 16 (30s) Power push ups 3 x 10, wide hammer flies… whatever. Isometric chest work, maybe continue the chest work tonight, or sus-training who knows.. options
Park Tomorrow??

70412 (Wednesday #16) Clockin some $$$ at the job after a b-day bbq, I ate & drank wisely.
Suspension Training – medium with db shoulder work, lite. (Oh yeah, I brought my 10 lb orange dumbbells to work, thanks Dad.) No need to overdo it. Can I run or Part-train today before BBQs??
GX Shuffle program.. In progress
1. Lateral Shuffle 8 steps left & right 2x
2. add 8 punches (slow or fast count) 2x
3. add 8 jax ………………………… 2x
4. add 8 kix slow count …………….. 2x
5. Maybe add 1 burpee… take it to the top and then go backwards subtracting one each time.
Need to figure out how long this takes.
PM – Wake 181 -1.5lbs. :Am I really feeling bad b/c I can only train once a day?
M&Ms and OJ didn’t provide the same boost, must have been something else.

70512 – (Thursday #17) 182: Clocked in w/ 184.5 lbs 11.5% BF and 62.5% H2O. First time seeing these numbers. It was b/c I was out and did lots of drinking, H2O, juice, ginger ale and one cocktail. Goes further to prove my theory that my scale is better at measuring hydration that body fat content.
Didn’t do much today so far, got gx at the Y, staying hydrated & eating lightly. It’s hot a humid, 90s, but not extreme. Felt strong during GX class, lots of energy and flow, tired afterwards, need to keep recovery food with me, (those pretzels aren’t doing the trick.)

70612 (Friday #18) 180.5 55% H2O. . . 12 hrs sleep, pretty much. I was depleted combo of heat and gx I’d say. Glad I didn’t go out… or maybe the body wouldn’t allow me to go out even if I wanted to. I need to get out into the park today, maybe lift this afternoon.
Let’s get started.
Two mile run thru woods, over fence 2x back via bridge. Temp 76-83 degrees.
Kick box with laterals; air squats; swinging ank wt (5 lbs) 2 hands then singles, front side-side-back kix w/ 4 ct.
Power moves: CF Sequence –
Jump on bench 20x; side jump over bench 12; jump over bench 4x, 6x; *Power jumps (up, down, over *video demo) Various push ups and dips, pulls on fence.
Started out strong but was too beat to make it up the hill, had to cool down ½ way up. Total 75-90 mins, outside feels awesome… skipped the stretch and any low work. Will feel better after recover. 179 post run.. chart it!
PART DEUX: 
Complete a double wk/o day
Chest, flat; incline; decline, flat flies… beginner wt. Pull overs
Legs – xtensions & curls
Triceps trio – wide press downs/kick bax/ v- press down.
Shoulders, lat flies & front raises.
Felt chills.. so I stopped.
Stretch – legs are defined.
Been throwin’ back crazy H2O today… 60.5% H2O @ 182 lbs, post wk/o. Still crampy upper-inner lf thigh.

70712 (Saturday #19) – wake up 180 sore legs, about time. Well hydrated 58.5%? not very good at remembering H2O, been focused on Body Fat readings.
I don’t expect a workout today, ut perhaps sus-training on the job tonight. Oh yeah, it was a HOT-ASS day… went to 102 at the airport, 10 in my hood… and I turned on the A/C.

70812 (Sunday #20) wake 182.5 60% H2O 14 BF: Managed some sus-traning at work in the AM, but was very tired. May get to the park this eve, but no promises. CF with Tom tomorrow 5:30PM, maybe some leg work over night.
Round –trip walk to the market, about 20-30 mins total. No park wk/o, did some incline db presses and brought the 40s up out of the basement.

70912 (Monday #21) Finishing up the third week. Updated the journal and trying to figure out what to work on tonight. Got dumbbells, straps, push up bars and various exercise goodies to play with – now some energy please…

71012 (Tuesday #22) 184 58.5 H2O – same as yesterday.
Realized I’ve been off the protein shake routine & diet has been shaken up a bit by social activity. May have to do something radical to hit 175.
Got to get into the park today. I dreamed my workout. Got to limit the rests b/w my sets. (Proposed)
Side Bench Jumps
Decline pushups
Kbell squat-swings
Butterfly sit ups (grass?)
Burpees
After warm ups
Awesome day in the park!!
The finale looked like this: After warm ups and kbell chain swinging & stretches.
Side bench jumps 10x| Decline pushups 10x| Kbell squat raise 10x| Butterfly pushups 10x| Fence Chain pull ups 10x| Bench dips 10x| - Managed 3 rounds with modifications, 12 minutes, rests as needed.

71112 (Wednesday #23) 184 57% H2O – Sleepy & bored, could be from yesterday’s session. Weight & hydration reverting, how is this happening? I wonder if the weather has an effect. Hot days I weigh less & have better hydration. Cooler days 80s more weight, less hyd. 3-5% hmmmm
LIFT THERAPY (Plan)
Chest, Legs, Triceps, Shoulders
Chest – presses and flies 4 stations, flat, incline, decline.
Legs – shin flex, extensions, curls
Triceps – tri-sets/super sets (pull downs, wide: kick backs: close grip press downs.)
Coming off some good park work.
Good lifting day – upper body is responding as if it’s missed the work.
Bench: 135-145-155 x 10: 160 X 5: 185 x 2 – Body weight
Incline db: 50s & shin flex 55lbs.
Decline (Smith) & flat flies
DB pull overs – 15-10 55 lbs.
Leg Extensions: progress to full rack
Leg curls – progress to 190 ( want to curl past 200)

71212 (Thursday #24) 181.5 lbs 10 hrs sleep. Wt drops, H2O drops definite correlation. Maybe run today, certain GX (YMCA).
3 miles Cobbs Creek-Whitby Ave. course 82-84 degrees.
Strong GX Session Seems easy to me, I wonder if it’s the contrast with what I’m doing in the park or am I taking it easy on the class?
Supplement
This is how I remember increasing my bench press back in the day.
Start weight: 10 reps, add 10lbs: 10 reps, repeat for 3 sets; then add wt & reduce reps until I get down to a 2-3 rep set. Next workout start at base wt +10-20 lbs.
Next session start at 145-150 lbs. Next goal 225!! No time limit, however if I can add 10 lbs a week… 4 to 6 weeks. (without injury). I’m psyched!!

71312 (Friday #25) 181 57% H2O – had an old fave last night, spinach & mushrooms cooked in butter. Reintroduced butter to the mix (unsalted), headed to the Y early 1PM-ish.
It’s been a good workout week already. I don’t want it to end. I want to plan for tomorrow but let’s get today done.
Plan- lifting, legs & back, deadlifts, squats, leg presses – go for reps, no records.
Back – pulls, shrugs, rows.
Delts (lateral) up rows, lifts, aesthetically need to round out the lateral delts!!
LET’S GO!! - -  - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!
Legs: Squats (185) deadlifts (225 4 sets of 5)+shin flex (55lb.) Leg Press (315)+Calf presses.
Pull ups + Shrugs (155lbs) + bent laterals (35 lbs)
Shoulders, Up row (dbs 15 & 20s). Lateral band raises (yellow & red) 10 reps each.
Cable negative shoulder pull downs 30, 40, 50 x 10 reps. Shoulders Getting work!!

71412 (Saturday #26) AM – Simple db work (biceps) at the job.
My left foot is swollen due to an itchy rash!! Been treating with Gold Bond powder and Neosporin (Keeps it from itching. Heal this badboy!!). Summer skin issues!
PM: 184 57% H2O cool.
Home work – Chest- Tris-Shoulders:
Incline Press 40s 3x10s
Triceps press behind the neck – 40 lbs.
Hammer flies 20s + neutral press (super set)
Arnold shoulder presses 20 lbs.
Seated bent flies 12 (2 sets) 20s (2 sets)
About 30 minutes total.
Second Phase Done.

We see a dramatic drop followed by an even more dramatic gain.
I expect this is more muscle than fat or water due to weight
lifting. At least this is my hope. The data seem to bear this out.
Started taking whey protein around this time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment