Thursday, February 28, 2013

X-ZACT Training Phase XVIII - 21013 - 22313


Session 18 Summary I don’t even know how long I’ve been taking the creatine-beta alanine mix, I dropped the arginine because of the taste, but I have to use it up so I’ll deal with it when I get to lift heavy again. Less lifting days this session due a weekend in Brooklyn, surprisingly didn’t gain too much extra weight. Continuing the suspension training over night and battling against a bug for most of the last week of this session. Very little home work – due to being home very little. Four days of GX a week. And the knee is improving. It’s weak, but hasn’t been swollen lately. 

21013 (Sunday #235) AM – Work Start Phase XVIII (18)
Suspension Pulls – 3 sets, low.
Wake – 195.5: Air squats 3 20s + deep lunge squats – good stretch I think I can do more of these. Maybe some back work before work? Or just rest and update?
Let’s make pulling dominant this week at home and work. May not train this weekend. Build muscle get leaner!!

21113 (Monday #236) AM – Work. Suspension Pull ups. Just working on strengthening usually about 10 reps every 30-60 minutes.
Wake 193.5 – E: couple sets of bent rows just to stay focused. Good aqua, knee held – no pain, no swelling.
Got some bar work done at Temple, then a long ass walk through North Philly. (Camino Real w/ Benny)

21213 (Tuesday #237) 193.5 Wake up.
To the Y for squats, start at 135 this round, go for 25 reps.

First 2 sets, 25 reps 135 & 155, net 15, then 10s. Maxed at 250, sets of 5 then 3. Wide grip chest press 115 & 125. Shin fle, 90, 95, 100!!! Now I can work with 100s – no going back, but can’t go higher either.

Stingle is with me an hour later, not intense tho. My have to 86 the arginine for a while. Can’t take the taste. Feeling wiped out and got 2 G sessions to do.

21313 (Wednesday #238)
Wake 192 – weekly adjustment wasn’t hungry last night. Pull day and the Y? I’m thinking before aqua g … still feeling the lats from Monday at Temple. Just a few pull ups made an impact.

Pull day and leg therapy at the Y – pull ups are week I need more of this!!!

Leg therapy – no records, just getting the leg curls/extensions back in shape.

Purge day – seems unnatural, wonder what I ate. No stomach pain, but that drawn down feeling…
Good aqua, good, went fast, not very hungry either. Got food w/ me tho – maybe that’s why I’m not hungry.
Pondering whether the purge was a pre-emptive dismissal of flu, or bug or some other interloper. I visualize my body as a Temple surrounded by a fortress, my antibodies are elite soldiers ready to do battle with all enemies and always getting strange. My digestive system eliminates threats before they can get a foot hold. Badass from outside in and inside out.

21413 (Thursday #239) – Suspension push up bars reverse grip, incline, no need to count, feeling kind of worn but I’ve got to keep at it.

Sets – IIII (4): Didn’t eat much during the tour, bean burrito – trail mix – water – wasn’t hungry. Let’s see what later today brings.

Wake 193took extra hour thought I was hungry, but appetite was satisfied easily, mix, banana, blueberries, wake stack. Seems like some kind of change occurred. Can’t place it. More energy, brisk steps, moving faster. Let’s see if this transfers to Y-GX today… hey, it could be all the exercise I’ve been doing, even though it’s unorganized and intermittent @ work. I have been to the Y more than usual this week. 
Late dinner

21513 (Friday #240) AM – Home – Sick Day, Brooklyn later, eat healthy this weekend and drink healthy too.
Wake 194.5 – late meal last night, wasn’t hungry but devoured the food. More positive expectations, affirmations. More talking and thinking myself into being.

21613 (Saturday #241) Brooklyn, NY – random morning pushups. Basquiat w/ Po.
The green, trending weight, line is always much steadier than the radical
blue, actual weight line. Looks like the weight loss is coming earlier than
expected, but I'm also getting leaner (sorry no body pix this session),
which is why I noted that I may have crossed into a more efficient muscle
building/fat burning zone. I've changed the way I eat over night, which is
8 hours of low activity. It's the 8 hours that I "work."
Catfish & Hurricanes w/ the Fram. Dark-n-Stormies w/ C & Po. (Commonwealth)

21713 (Sunday #242) Brooklyn, NY – Spicy lamb burgers w/ Corwin & Po.

21813 (Monday #243) Brooklyn-Manhattan-Philly: Last day of Aquarius headed to Pisces. Going back to Philly – got aqua this eve, maybe home work.

Back in Philly 195.5 17% 57% H2O. I may have crossed over into the fat burn – muscle build zone. After 3-4 days away I’m looking pretty good, however I try to account for a bias-factor, but I see thicker veins and more definition. 

21913 (Tuesday #244) 195 Wake. First day of Pisces. Good sleep, pre-workout meal. ACV at wake.

Headed to the Y for squats, maybe start at 155 go for 25… kind of obliged to do more than 100, maybe 100-125 and wide presses at 135 or +? And shin flex @ 100 – keep moving forward.

100 Squats – endurance and strength were down, the knee was functional was functional. Started at 155 for 25 reps. Next set was only 15 reps (added wt.) Got about 4 sets of ultra-wide presses at 135 then dropped down and increased reps. Max squat was 215 today. Got to take a shin flex break b/c the weight is bothering my instep. Massive calf raises, no counts.
Leg therapy, extensions, knee is stronger, slight pain tho.
Leg curls are strong. Stretch & go.

Two powerful sessions at Temple, I’m beat as usual. Back to overnight sessions…maybe. Got to update too.

Setting up for suspension pushups but won’t be mad if I don’t do too many. My “gym” is flooded and unusable, how about that for a sign? Plan B… relax.

22013 (Wednesday #245) AM – Work. Took a break – figured after a workout and two classes a break was in order, plus my workout area was flooded. GX Later today, maybe wake up work.

Wake 195 – Steady – Aqua GX – still think I can lift wts after. It’s self portrait day. Woke with a mild headache but shook it off. LIMBO. Bit of a sore throat and stuffy too. Maybe another battle coming. Took some Vit-C at wake, I think I missed a few daily doses. I think it’s time to get more.

Good GX – note: back to popping CLA + Omega 3 – about to finish another CLA Bottle – wonder if this stuff is really working. I should get some red rice yeast, see if I can knock this cholesterol down faster.
Hands are tightening up again at the outside along the pinky ridge. This hasn’t been happening in some time – what’s changed?? This could be a sign. Thighs are tight, but I blasted them yesterday.
I think a bug’s coming. Took the elixir this eve. The bug could be causing dehydration. Did I mention sore throat? Just mild for now. Left elbow dry. Noticed it yesterday. This could be the cause of yesterday’s lackadaisical weight room performance.
The “exercise room” is dry. Already did pushups and dips, got to take the stack too. 50 minutes until tomorrow.

22113 (Thursday #246) AM – Work –
Already a few sets into the day. The more I do it, the more I want to do it. Do what? Suspension pushups and dips – my feet are resting on a box which makes it a bit more challenging. I think I feel new muscles waking up and maybe these chems are being released and beating up on the bug too! Maybe once per half hour … just whenever. No pressure. I probably won’t count reps unless I get a 20.
Got about 5 sets in doing dips like this is brutal, looking forward to the results.

Wake 193 (after elimination) Woke with sore throat, closer to the top, elixir and chicken & veggies for breakfast. Feel weak and sluggish. Upper thighs (rear) are tight!! Knee is kind of sore, say 3 on a +10 scale. Iced it. I should be good for tomorrow… squats… did some lunge squats today just to stretch. Got my salad fixins, I can ditch Wawa for a while, but need dressing.

22213 (Friday #247) AM – Work
Suspension; seated legs elevated short range pull ups, 45 degree pulls and chest wide-outs (I know what they are, hmm “angels” come to mind).  Maybe 4 or 5 sets so far, just pulling to get stronger and used to it. Muscle ups need to be in my near future.
YMCA Later today??? Squats again, stick with 155 @ 25 reps. Maybe 2 x 25 reps? And get rid of this bug!!!
I can do muscle up training with the straps. Feet are on the floor and my legs are assisting but I can practice making the transition from off the ground to in the air… or from below to above the plane.

Wake 194.5The masculine was ready to hit the squats @ the gym, but the feminine wouldn’t allow it. She demanded sleep and rest as the body fought the Bug! (Grrr!) Long deep sleep and vivid dreams, re-woke stronger, lots of bad stuff expelled from the lungs and nasal passages. (Right nostril.) I wonder if it means anything that the snot was coming from the right ??

22313 – (Saturday #248) AM – Work
Last days of the bug battle? First round of suspension push ups and dips – body’s strong but tired from fighting the bug.

Sets = 4 super sets then split sets 2 more each, reps are 6 – 14 (I think is my max).

Wake 193 – surprised, good drop for a work night. Could be the bug too.
Made it to the Y only 75 squats, however I worked in rounds of squats, calf raises, ultra-wide presses, 4 or 5 rounds maybe 6, then a couple of shin flexes @ 95 lbs.

The body & knee held up but I'm worn out. Still at max with the bug. She gave me the resources she could.
First squat set – 165 at 25 reps, I was going for 30.

The body flushed much of the evilness out of itself during and after today’s session. It was truly a battle royale. The bug got the better of me yesterday but I came back with a vengeance today. Although I needed a 30 minute nap after the battle.

This is it for Session 18 – this was a rough one for me, I’ll have to go through my notes for the summary. Session XIX starts at midnight and I’m thinking more suspension work, more pull ups overnight. Oh yeah, started Red Rice Yeast – 2 tabs a day, they should last 2 months. Then I’ll get the cholesterol checked and see what effect it had. Last count was 199 only down 9 points but that put me in the green zone. I want at least 10 – 20 more points of buffer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment