Sunday, January 27, 2013

X-ZACT Training Phase XVI: 11313 - 12613


SESSION XVI – (16) 11313 - 12613


Summary: This was a rough one, just as one injury was healing, another occurred, that one was on me. It's been cold the last fortnight so I've been training at home - like way back when I started out, on;y I'm better at it now. I am actually seeing (or at least imagining,) gains.

11313 (Sunday #207) Starting Session 16 on the job, rotating from suspension work, to push up bars, to 10 lb dumbbells, to this big old school bender bar thing, with ankle wts on. Massage day this afternoon.

Woke 195.5 34.5% H2O – 48% Body Fat: coconut water, stack, massage – That was the day.

11413 (Monday #208) Wake 194.5 1 lb drop, don’t get excited. Grilled tuna and cheese bkft – wake stack – knee feels better, but still slight pain on lateral moves.
Max Leg Day – see how things fare. Also bug symptoms have waned, feeling cautious about training.
Upped the B-A dose about 50% - only taking it once a day for training.

Body is on fire in a good way!! Max Legs was successful. 1 concern, seems I’m running short of breath sooner, not dangerously. It’s hard to measure the difference between now and a year ago. Today I’m lifting much heavier weights than in the past five years. I’m carrying more 10-15 lbs body weight than 6 month ago and working with more intensity. Just putting it out there.

MAX LEGS:
Squats 2x8 @225; 2x8 @ 250 + calf raises
Inverted Leg Press – 3 x 10-12 + calf presses (just under max load.)
Shin Flex – 85 good reps
Leg-X therapy single legs left – 120 max/ right 135 max.
Wall Sit – 85 seconds
Thigh stretches from & back – done in 60 minutes.

11513 (Tuesday #209) 194.5 20% 55% - after two: Must be patient, the diet is making a difference, more fruit & greens – keeping and increasing strength.

HOME WORK
Power sequence – I thought I’d have to toss the 40s and I did for the first set. Next 2 sets were more focused and concentrated, less body movement/momentum. 4th set I went with the 50s and back to momentum. Those suckers were heavy. I call this progress.

Floor work – floor press 50s 3 sets:
Floor flies 30s 1 set
Triceps hammer press 20s, 1 set
Rotator press (should demo this) 20s 1 set each arm.
Db lateral flies 20s 2-3 sets
Db curls forced 50s – solid set with the 30s.
Supps…. Wake Stack: Post bkft stack: pre-workout & vitamins, post workout BCAAs tea – Feeling good. Knee continues to improve, but too many moving parts. 
Grilled sandwich before work, pack fruits & nuts, EAT MORE APPLES!!

11613 (Wednesday #210) Long sleep, no sun.

HOMEWORK: wake up stacks & pre-work out
Squats 50 lbs dbs 3x 8-12
Romanian Dead lift 3 x 10
Monster sets Chest & Back 30 lb dbs
Incline press 16 – 20 -12
Incline fly 12 – 14 – 12
Biceps 20 lb dbs.
Incline press (chest on bench) Hammer curls 10 – 12 – 10
Incline curls (back on bench) Normal curls 8 – 10 – 10
Abs work (Surprised that this wore me out.)

11713 (Thursday #211) Wake 195!! Been consistent since the start of this book.
GX was good, knee not 100% but healing. Pre-work & post BCAAs

11813 (Friday #212) Wake 193.5 weekly drop. AM stacks, Lamb butt, et al for bkft. Early to the Y – chest day. Maybe max if I can find a spotter. Old school.
Knee improving, ran up the El steps, run double steps, 1 flight. Good breath.

Old School CHEST DAY (The way I used to do it, just less weight)

Bench Press 5 rep sets fro 155 – 205 maxed a couple single reps
Incline press 5 rep sets 135 – 165, repped a few singles
Close grip bench press + EZ bar curls (6-8 each) super sets
85 lb db pull over + EZ bar curls (60 lbs on the bar.) super sets
Seated military press – 5 rep sets 65 – 95 lbs.
Triceps, press downs, kick backs & pull overs on cables & bench dips.
Done 60 – 75 mins.

I've been practically collecting weights for years. A while

back I got the flooring and just went ahead and made myself
a little work out space. It's been worth it. (Have you seen my
videos?)
11913 (Saturday #213) AM – Work Updating –

Been loving the Home Workout, I think it’s improved the upper body strength and maybe packed a bit of muscle on as well, hard to say. The New pre-workout mix may be having a leaning effect on the torso. I can barely estimate with my eyes, but I think the belly is shedding some subcutaneous fat. Measuring day comes around the 29th or 30th depending on when I have time to do it. Maybe I’ll take some pix tomorrow. Perhaps more home work later today. I’ve been awake for a long time. 

12013 (Sunday #214) 195.5 Wake up: Yoga, 2 sun salutations, Sea salt purgative. Football, food and rum @ Tet’s, go??? oh yeah Ravens!!

12113 (Monday #215) AM – Work:
Max legs maybe? Start squats @ 225?? Yoga, starting out slow, just sun salutations.
Came in at 198!! Woke @ 198!! Whoa – backed off to 195.5 (3). Good digestion or ACV before bed??

MAX LEGS
Squats +Calf raises+Air squats Started at 225 did 4 sets of 8, left knee was sketchy but came through, went deeper each set.
First Eval Session of the year (12013). Was feeling
kind of buff up top and belly is looking a bit more
shredded than in the past. I'm heavier too and it
looks like it's more muscle. I keep telling myself I'll
cut in the Spring. I came within 1.5 lbs of 200 this
session. (See Chart).

Leg Press+Calf press – back to 8 plates, last two sets.

Shin Flex – started at 85x16 reps so I went to 90 lbs, reppin like a king. Putting some inches on these drumsticks.

Seated leg + calf presses non stop, 3 rounds 215 lbs. (maybe add wt next time)
Wall Sits, 75 sec & 90 secs.
Leg Therapy (Extensions) left: 75-90-105/ right 90-105-120
Quads stretch
Uni-leg bench squat-lunges 2 x 10 each.   Done in 80.
Short of breath at the start, but it forces the lunges to work. On fire at the end. Recovery BCAAs & Honey.

12213 (Tuesday #216) Wake 197

Wake up Yoga 2 Sun salutations:

HomeWork – starts out organized then goes into a freestyle session, sometimes I record them, sometimes not.
Power Rounds [Squats-Press-Curl-Shrug-Bend] 40s 1st Rd – 12 reps: 10 reps: 8 reps.  Breathing was better. Got stronger along the way.
Old school sit ups, crunches and reverse crunches.
Shoulder laterals 10 lbs x 12: 12 lbs x 10: 20 lbs x 8
Curls 20 lb x 10: 30 lbs x 10: 40 lbs x 4
This is what it looks like afterwards. It's a whole 'nother
workout just putting things back.
Shrugs 40 lbs & 50 lbs x 16
Cheater Curls 50 lbs x 3 (each) 2 sets.
Mat Work:
Floor press – 50 lbs x 20, 2 sets
Flies – 30 lbs x 10, 2 sets.
Flat Triceps Extensions 30 lbs 6/7 & 8/9* (*extra rep for the left arm). Awesome improvement over last time.
80 Minutes BCAAs + Mass Gainer shake after.
Brought up more weights from the basement.
Triceps press bar, random reps
Standing dumbbell triceps 20s felt light.
*I was off from work and it was like 15 degrees outside, for when I look back at this years from now. I may have video too. The video will have to be edited to fit. I think i can only upload less than 60 seconds.  

12313 (Wednesday #217) Misc. work at home throughout the day. Dinner with Fam and Mom for her birthday, worked out more after dinner. Upper body stuff.

12413 (Thursday #218) Wake 195.5 – expected to be heavier. There weather’s been dry so no BF or H2O readings. Oh and cold too!!

Y-GX this afternoon, some upper body reps, mostly triceps (triceps and shoulders are going to get my bench back up to respectable (2004) levels. 250 on a bad day!! Must heal!!
Rather long walk challenged the knee. Tiger baumed & wrapped it for class. Right ring finger is still sore – I can’t remember which bowling session it was.
HOME OOPS! – Slid off the bench into the wall, took a hit just over the right oblique. It will bruise. Iced and heated. OUCH! 

12513 (Friday #219) AM – Work: Getting the studying done. Feeling a bit soft and dumpy; mid section looks feminine to me. Meanwhile, I’ve got the pushup bars out and knocking out a few reps throughout the night.

Now the back’s sore as well. Kind of pissed on a couple of levels about that. Knee isn’t fully healed yet – next step, a better brace for GX and more stability. May have to see a doc, but would rather avoid it. (Better go before my bennies end..)

Almost decided to omit the chart this session, til i realized it looks
different. The big gain is towards the middle. Could be the cold
weather. I hit 198.5 coming in from work one morning (but I only
chart wake up weight, which was 197.) Weight tells a story, I'm
trying to figure out what it is.
12613 (Saturday #220) – Hmmmm, wake 194

Did some suspension pulls overnight, back and chest stuff.
Suppressed a sneeze and by lower right oblique flared! OUCH!! Iced it twice, took Advil for the first time in five years and heated it up in the shower. This was a tough session with the cold weather and injuries. Got to be strong because I start back at Temple on Monday. (That reminds me, I have to write up the Aqua Routine.)


No comments:

Post a Comment